Last updated: January 15, 2019
JuniorCourses.com is an online platform and a marketplace for international junior students and young learners looking to study languages and other subjects abroad. It collects and displays information about numerous language schools and other types of institutions and organizations and if applicable, it lists and sells their courses.
We understand making purchases and collecting reliable information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We do take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
This privacy notice is here to help you understand why we ask you for your personal information when you use JuniorCourses.com and how we will use this information. JuniorCourses.com respects and complies with GDPR.
This policy applies to all our JuniorCourses.com website visitors whether registered or not, including people responding to surveys, competitions and writing reviews. We will always explain the purpose of our data collection before we ask you for your personal details.
What information we collect about you
- Your name, email address and password
- Your address and postcode
- Your courses, subject areas and institutions of interest
- Your journey across the site
- Your email preferences
You can browse our websites without providing any personal information, however if you would like the enhanced website experience and thus make an enquiry to a course provider, or book a course through our platform, you will need to register with us. In most of these instances we will ask for your name and email address only. You can then log in to the website and complete your profile if you wish. If purchasing a course will ever be involved, for delivery and payment purposes, we will ask for your postal address as well.
JuniorCourses.com does not use or store or have any access whatsoever to any sensitive billing information, such as cardholder´s name, credit card number, and expiration date as we use a third-party payment gate and such information is not available to us in any form.
Our use of your personal information
- Understand and save user's preferences for future personalised user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- To send periodic newsletters, emails about competitions, promotions, surveys or other site features.
- To enable you to use our services that we provide through our website
- To provide enquiry and application services on behalf of course providers.
- To display your username when you leave a message in the Community Areas, or when you leave a Course Review
- To pass your contact details onto the course provider to which you made an enquiry so that they can respond to you directly (we do not ever pass your details to anyone else). This will be used solely in relation to student recruitment.
- For general research purposes, to allow us to develop products and services we offer.
- To contact you in response to any feedback you give us.
- To send you updates about our website.
- For the following:
- for registration and to manage your account
- to communicate with you in general
- to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to our site
- to respond to your questions and comments
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services
- to otherwise customize your experience on our website
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions
You can change your communication preference with us at any point, by logging in to our website or by following the instructions at the bottom of each email you receive from us. You can also update your contact details by logging in to our website. These contact details are used to respond to your enquiries or, put you in touch with the course provider you are interested in.
You can email us if you have any questions or if you need help with the course booking. When you find a course you like on one of our websites, you can either request more details from the course provider or, if the option is available, book the course directly.
Sharing personal information
We may share your information with schools and programs in which you enrol using JuniorCourses.com, including information about the school or program you have chosen, and your chosen program's start date.
We will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner.
JuniorCourses.com may share your Personal Information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as language schools or other educational institutions, hotels, airlines, or insurance companies, or activity providers, who fulfil your travel reservations. Throughout JuniorCourses.com, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfil the travel reservation you have made on JuniorCourses.com, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose only. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of your other personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel or educational supplier whose products you purchase through JuniorCourses.com. Please note that these suppliers also may have to contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your language travel reservation you have made through JuniorCourses.com.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our users, or others; and in connection with our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without your consent unless required by law.
We may share your personal information when you make an enquiry to a course provider though our website - we pass on your contact details to the course provider so that they can contact you directly.
Please note that JuniorCourses.com does not offer courses. If you have asked for additional information on a course you have found on our website, we will pass your details to course providers that currently have listings on our website.
Links to other websites
On our website there are lots of links to course provider websites. This privacy notice does not cover these links. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
We generally do not object to you linking directly to the homepage of our website, although we reserve the right to refuse our authorisation to such linking at our sole discretion. We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your website - our web pages must load into the user's entire window.
We reserve the right to move or change our website URL at any time in order to meet changing business needs and to continually improve our online service. External websites link to our website at their own risk.
When you view or use our website we do not store any information on the hard drive of your computer in the form of a "cookie".
You may occasionally get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties with links on our website. We do not control these cookies. The use of advertising cookies sent by third-party servers is standard in the Internet industry.
When you use our search engine, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information, i.e. when you use our search engine, we may keep track of which search terms are popular. If we display advertising to you on our website (including the search results pages displayed after any searches you may run), such advertising may be related to the search terms you entered. We may present search result links in a format that enables us to understand whether they have been followed and we may monitor click-throughs. We use this information to understand and improve the quality of our search technology.
Access to your personal Information
We want to be as transparent as possible in terms of giving you access to your personal information.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing by writing to us on the below address.
If you wish to stop receiving regular course updates, please email us at email@example.com or you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email you receive from us.
If you wish to delete your details completely, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us